Tuesday, August 13, 2013

TV PARTY TONIGHT!

I'm a fan of the television. I don't like to spend all my time there, but a little bit doesn't hurt. And with technology like Apple TV and Netflix, it seems like we've got all the shows we could ever to want, right?  Seems as though we got a little too much. Coop knows his way around Netflix like a champ. And while he's found some killer classic shows like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles and Ren & Stimpy, he's also been lured into the world of Power Rangers (I guess you could say I don't like that show).  I've been doing my best to keep an open mind about the new shows that are out there, and I'm proud to reveal here, for the first time ever: MY FAVORITE KID SHOWS. Not necessarily my kids' favorite shows, but ones that I really dig, and the kids dig enough to watch 'em with me! 

In no particular order:
Phineas and Ferb - This one might be a no brainer to those who are well-versed in the Disney Channel. This show has been around for a while now, but it's still awesome.  There are so many episodes out, that it seems everytime it's on, there's a 50/50 chance I haven't seen it... those are good odds!  The characters are awesome. The storylines are fun. And the dialogue is great and witty. 

Gravity Falls- I know I said no particular order, but this one is totally my favorite right now. It's premise is a brother and sister head out to the woods to live with their uncle at his 'Mystery Shack' (road-side attraction kinda place) in the woods.  When they arrive, they find out the shack isn't the only thing shrouded in mystery, but the whole area of Gravity Falls, Oregon as well! The animation is amazing, and the stories and dialogue are almost Adult Swim level stuff. A lot of the jokes go over my little dudes' heads, but they really love the crazy stories and fun characters. 

  

The Aquabats Super Show! - Ever since Cooper seemed to move on from Yo Gabba Gabba, it bummed me out a bit. But the world was right once again when the Aquabats show finally came to our TV set.  It's probably been about 10 years in the making, but at last they did it, and they did it right! The Aquabats Super Show takes a page from the 1960's Batman tv show with some very colorful enemies and over the top dialogue.  Watching the show has also led the Aquabats music to our cars, which has made me ecstatic, as well as a bit nostalgic.  The show is wild, zany and keeps the kids interested. It has also inspired Charley to be an Aquabat for next Halloween. Stoked! They just started airing season 2 recently, and season 1 is available on iTunes and DVD

Sanjay and Craig - this is a new show for me and the little dudes, but so far we love it. It's a Nickelodeon show about a kid named Sanjay and his talking pet snake, named Craig. The creative staff on this show is what brought me to it... It was created by one of my current favorite artists,  Jay Howell  and his buddy Jim Dirschberger.  AND, it's produced by Will McRobb & Chris Viscardi, the creators of The Adventures of Pete & Pete (another amazing Nickelodeon show from when I was a kid, that I actually somehow got Coop to watch the entire boxed set with me, AND HE LOVED IT.) We've only watched one episode of Sanjay and Craig, but I'm a sucker for just about everything Jay Howell does.. especially his work with Vans. I'm excited to get a little deeper into this one but so far, it's radical.  

and lastly, here's one I've only seen the title sequence for, but i'm stoked. It's another Disney cartoon called "Wander Over Yonder". looks promising!  





so yeah! watch some cool shows with your kids, but only in moderation!
GO OUTSIDE AND DO STUFF!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment